Saturday, October 23, 2010

air asia anyone?

I travel a lot.  I've flown on most airlines and there's a lot to complain about.  I'd have to say RyanAir is my least favourite of them all.  But I was recently introduced to AirAsia by my daughter in law and decided to give it a try. 

I flew home from the Ubud Writers Festival on Air Asia.  I paid extra for a seat with extra leg room.  Not the one near the exit row because I'm too old for that. (I got ditched by another airline from those seats because I didn't qualify.  The hostie wasn't game to say I was too old but that's what she meant - but that's another story.)

I settled into my aisle seat with the middle and window seat empty.  Sweet!  But no!  At the last minute a woman struggled onboard lugging a computer case, a huge shopping bag and an equally huge handbag which she dumped at her feet.  Hah!  I thought.  They'll soon pounce on her and make her put that lot in the overhead locker. 

A pretty little flight attendant, around 12 years old I'd say, leant over me and pointed at the bags.  'You can't leave those on the floor.'

I drew my legs in so she could get past.

'Just put them on the seat.'  What?  The heavy computer case was plonked next to me getting ready to brain me if we struck any turbulence.  It was followed by the shopping bag full of miscellaneous missiles and the handbag, ditto. 

Bloody hell!  Surely this is against airline regulations?  I'm still here to bitch about it so obviously we didn't strike any turbulence.

No comments:

Post a Comment